Re: a new nuclear option?

Is it really practical to remove Pu 239 often enough to prevent conversion
to 240? Seems like quite a bother since fuel is sealed in metal rods etc.
Is it possible to prevent the conversion by choice of moderator so that most
neutrons are either too slow or to fast for efficient conversion. I've
never heard of Pu enrichment either, so they must have some other slick trick!
I visited the gasseous diffusion plant in Paducah, KY this fall and was quite
impressed by the acres of steel drums containing leftovers from the U
enrichment process. Another example of our tax dollars at work I guess.