Re: student as consumer

Every business that has regular or repeat customers will grade the customers.
I have a wholesale distribution business with about 100 customers. They are
graded according to credit, sales volume, knowledge, product support,...
I'm as formal about this as I am about grades in a classroom. I actually give
them all letter grades of A, B, C,... Other business may be less formal, but
they certainly do the same thing. Car dealers have a prefered customer list.
A salesman making a sale to one of them gets a bonus. Grading customers in
business is the rule, not the exception. I'm a "preferred" customer at my bank
I have a "gold" visa card, I get a "professional" discount at the camera store.