education versus business

Just a comment on what is below.

I quite agree that there is a fundamental difference between education
and business, and this fact alone makes assessment such a difficult task
in education. However, ... How do we best cope with this? ... It is
quite possible to overlay a business model on many things (education,
sexual behavior, religion etc.) but just because you can draw some loose
analogies doesn't mean this is a meaningful way to look at these things.

To this (sex and religion reference) I would like to add four more:
the fundamental research, ecology, general health and defence.

Ludwik Kowalski