Internal Energy

OK, I guess the list doesn't know who first wrote the First Law -- certainly
*I* don't have a clue, then how about "Internal Energy"?

Who first talked about internal energy -- by that name???

Can someone suggest a good comprehensive history-of-thermo book/article???

OK, can someone suggest a crumby (or is it crummy) history-of-thermo book????

TX

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com