----------
From: Jim Diamond <jimd@calvin.linfield.edu>

We have a campus "Learning Center" where students who feel that they need
alternate testing conditions can go and take a test under supervision,
provided that they fill out paperwork ahead of time. It is a bit of an
extra chore for the teacher, since it is up to the instructor to arrange
with the learning center staff how to get the exams back and forth. I
tell
all of my students about this option, and about 1/3 of our general
chemistry class elects to do this. It has been my experience that only
rarely does time really make a difference. The students who get 35% on a
exam get 35% even if they have all day to work on a one-hour test.