Use of exams.

Apologies for the shoddy proofreading on my last message.

(5) And, most important, to give students feedback indicating how well
they are mastering the objectives of the course and the expectations of
the instructor. Without exams, students could drift along with the
illusion that they learning something, without ever being aware that
^ were
they weren't. The exam tells them whether their knowledge can be used for
anything, and whether they can communicate that knowledge to others.

a teacher unnecessarily. Making out and grading exams is no trivial
matter, consuming large amounts of time. Individuals taking exams at
irregular times for the teacher to make out a different exam, with the
^^^ force
always present concern that it be equally difficult to the regular exam.
^ as ^^ as

There may be many others, but I'm a lousy proofreader of my own work.

-- Donald