Caving in

A recent exchange on phys-l has provoked me to seriously ask these questions:

What do kids say or do to get you to change your mind about grading, test
schedules, incompletes, curves, etc? What do you say or do about it?
What has worked best, in your opinion? Has your dept chair backed you?
Have you found that it seems that 'most' other teachers give in, making
you look particularly out-of-place in the scheme of things at your school?

I am at the end of my rope with my kids, whiners all... I could use good
advice, good stories or good jokes to make this end-of-year crunch a little
easier!

Many thanks,

Keith

Keith Tipton