Re: CO2 and o-rings.

John,
I had a friend who built one of these a number of years ago, and he
was unable to find any gasket material to seal it with and had a hard time
getting the windows to seat without cracking. He had finished it before I
knew about it, so I didn't get to make any suggestions, since the pressure
is very high on the inside, I have wondered if you couldn't get lead or
copper to work as they will flow under pressure. I would try Teflon first,
but I seem to remember that NASA had trouble with it flowing with time. I do
remember hear that he could not find an O-ring material that would work, and
so went to carfully seating the windowsnad then they tinded to chip under
pressure, but he finally got it to work. It is a really neat demonstration
to see what happens with you go off the
end of the liquid-gas phase transisition line.
How are you getting your high pressure CO2? Keep me informend as to
you progress.
Gary

Gary Karshner
St. Mary's University