Re: communicating

If they are refusing to listen, I haven't spoken or acted in a way that
will encourage or require them to listen. I just need to be more
creative.

In my experience it is sometimes more productive to pay attention to
the more receptive students. I don't insist on 100% success. I have,
indeed, given up on some students. In my capacity as an advisor I'm
sure that that, too, was sometimes the right thing to do.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Leigh