Wave Velocity

Consider an iron slinky-like spring which is stretched (magically)
horizontally and a copper guide-wire stretched horizontally and tautly just
above the slinky such that a magnet can be driven along the copper wire at
velocity, V. If the natural propagation velocity of motion in the slinky is
v, how do I analyze the resultant motion of the slinky? Assume v < V and
then v > V -- I take it that V = v is trivial, but who am I?

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com