strategic plans (arrghhhh!!!)

John,
I eavesdropped on your note

Sorry for being so contentious; I like to think it's not like me, but
I'm wasting my Sunday responding to yet another version of the "University
Strategic Plan" which has reached new highs for redundancy, vagueness,
fantasy, and/or just plain "Duh-ness." I guess I just needed to vent.

god, I hate dealing with those types of things. Administrators seem to have
to much free time on their hands; its the only explanation I can come of
with for why all this garbage is there; and your description seems to be
dead on the mark of what these things seem like at our campus as well. I
sometimes think that administrators must go to workshops to learn how to do
these things.

Joel