The Energy Sucker, a perpetual motion machine of the second kind

Some time ago I placed a puzzle on my ftp server for the
entertainment of the group. I have placed a paper I have
in preparation (not a polite way to do it, I know) which
includes the details of the geometric construction and
also the resolution of the apparent problem of second
law violation. Please don't come down on me too hard;
others do that enough. I'll finish this some day and
publish it, I promise. The complete answer is there, so
I won't leave anyone hanging. To download the answer,
fire up Netscape and open URL:

ftp://ftpserver.sfu.ca/pub/papers/palmer

Click on file Sucker.pdf.bin and open the result with
Adobe Acrobat reader.

Leigh