video teaching

Leigh wrote:

It really is sad, folks. As the administrators have become more like
management, academe has become more like corporate culture, and faculty
have become professionalized. It hasn't yet happened everywhere, but it
sure has happened here at Simon Fraser. I hope that some of you realize
what has been lost, so that some day you may try to reclaim it.

I see this more and more, adminstration using business metaphors for
education, my opinion is that education is the most unlike business activity
there is. It is an intrinsically human and inefficient process. And a most
important process.

I would say from my experience here at SDSU that the faculty isn't being
professionalized. It is more accurately being laborized. That is faculty
are viewed simply as labor in a management/labor context (the business
metaphor). I can think of nothing better to make your faculty demoralized
than doing things like this. Which will really "inspire" them to teaching
educational excellence. (all sarcasm intended).

Joel