Re: breadth + depth

E Roxin wrote
4. Anything students learn should get to the point where they "under-
stand" it, i.e. when they have a clear idea of when and how they can
apply it. If you don't reach this point, the whole thing is a waste
of time and should better be skipped.<<

I believe he made some very good points but I suspect number 4 would be
the end of Physics tecaching. We NEVER can really understand anything
except to a first or second approximation.

Fred Bucheit