Re: Jackson on Jackson

as a student, I would feel cheated if valuable lecture time were taken up by
group inquiry situations (and have experienced this feeling cheated aspect),
I can do that out of class, in class I'd like to see the erudition of an
expert faculty member expound upon the subject matter; that's why I'm paying
him/her the tuition dollar.

If the instructor is merely an information source, how is he or she
better than a book? Or perhaps a videotaped presentation is a better
substitute for a good lecture (after all, in a large lecture, few
actually get to ask questions). I've got it, let's put some really good
lectures on CD-ROM. They'll be interactive so the user can ask
questions. If the CD doesn't have a preprogrammed answer, there could be
an email address to ask questions. That way, we can avoid any pesky
interaction with others during valuable class time.

{heavy-handed sarcasm intended above :)}

Dave

David J. Hamilton, Ed.D. "And gladly wolde he lerne,
Franklin HS, Portland, OR and gladly teche."
djhamil@teleport.com Geoffrey Chaucer