Re: Using Netscape for FTP

Well I really had to hunt for this one. Under Options, Network
Preferences, Protocols there is a checkbox labelled "Send Email Address
as Anonymous FTP Password". Make sure that box is checked. It might
also pay to double check that under Options, Mail and News Preferences,
Identity there is an Email address specified.

So I have to correct my statement that Netscape "automatically" uses
your EMail address as an FTP password. You must first set this checkbox
which I, for one, took a long time to find even though I was pretty sure
what I was looking for.

Richard Langer wrote:

Using Netscape Gold ver 3.0, I also got the problem of NO PASSWORD - and I
use Netscape to check on of my mailboxes.

How do I set Netscape so that it will use my E-mail address as my password?