Re: springs

Joel's comment about the child's response to a wristwatch reminded me
that I saw an absurd item at that yuppie mecca, REI, in the summer.
It's an ecologically sound, battery free, six pound, spring wound all
band TRANSISTOR RADIO! I can only assume it is for advanced backpackers
who, after lugging this monstrosity all day, still have the energy
necessary to wind it up. I just found it on p. 33 of the current
catalog. It sells for US$95. Yuppies will buy anything!

Leigh

In that case I'll offer up a $95 solar-powered book light! ;)
Chip

I can offer you an advertisement for a solar powered *flashlight*.
How's that? (From the Real Goods catalog).

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227