RE: old Phys Today - Ken Laws' physics of dance

And, if you ever have the opportunity to go and hear Ken talk about this,
do so. I went to see him talk about dance when he was in Ottawa a few
years ago and he was great - and had a dancer illustrating all of his
points as he discussed them. Everyone groaned when they saw her limber
up, raising a stright leg in front of her body and practically pressing
her knee to her nose.

One thing that I asked Ken about, at the time, but about which he had no
idea was this: Some running tracks are tuned through their composition
and support structures (indoor ones, anyway) so that they absorb and
release a runner's energy at a rate that matches their running cadence;
these tracks have been shown to be statistically "faster" than others
(there was an article in either Scientific American or Physics Today on
this a few years back). The question is, are there any stages whose
structures are tuned, etc. to assist dancers in a similar way? Anyone?

Allen Brown