Re: springs

Joel's comment about the child's response to a wristwatch reminded me
that I saw an absurd item at that yuppie mecca, REI, in the summer.
It's an ecologically sound, battery free, six pound, spring wound all
band TRANSISTOR RADIO! I can only assume it is for advanced backpackers
who, after lugging this monstrosity all day, still have the energy
necessary to wind it up. I just found it on p. 33 of the current
catalog. It sells for US$95. Yuppies will buy anything!

Leigh