Re: Relativity

1. If the ellipse contracts to a circle I think that you will find that
the two focal points DO coinside. (The whole major axis contracts not
just the end points.
-
2. One must be careful with the question, "What does the observer SEE?"
What is seen is not what is "measured" in the usuall sense. The
relativity equations apply to measurements. An observer "sees" the
body as rotated. To make the distinction clearer one should read
about the question. I do not have any good references here but there
is a good article in Physics Today in 1959 or 1960 when the subject
first discussed.