Re: Friction.

Sandy Yates <sandy@ideafix.cps.unizar.es> says:

Think about the case of a motor bike (in my case a ZZR1100). They would
not go round a corner if static friction was the only thing holding
them on the road.

Howdy,

I guess that I don't understand why motorcycles couldn't go around a turn
if static friction was the only thing "holding them on the road." Are you
sure you're just forgetting the vector nature of the friction force?

Thanks,

Herb Schulz
(herbs@interaccess.com)