Re: force

Dewey Dykstra, Jr. says:

Teaching kinematics in the traditional way seems to have too little effect
on too many students concerning whether they notice change-in-motion and
can themselves in their own minds and thinking separate change-in-motion
from motion itself. Hence in my view it does little to argue whether or
not to teach kinematics in the traditional way *either* before or after
forces.

What would be your view on teaching forces first (through statics), so that
they can then be used as a new tool in the teaching of kinematics? I think
that was the original point.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu