Re: Questions you love/hate to have asked

How can one explain, phenomenologically (wow) what determines the amount
of momentum transferred to another object. Or must we rest on "the
equation says so and the equation is a model of reality."

I don't think that you can. The question assumes that momentum is a
quantity, like caloric, which inheres to a body and which can be
transferred to another body. Momentum's not like that!

Leigh

If we can say that the electromagnetic field can carry
and transfer momentum as well as energy, why not bodies?

M.A. Santos
msantos@etse.urv.es>