LabVIEW

This is a request for information concerning a course in microcomputer
interfacing.

I am thinking of using LabVIEW (for Win3) and Nat'l Instruments' DAQ
circuit boards in my course (finally leaving the old XTs behind!).

I would like to hear comments from anyone who has been using LabVIEW, such
as,
1) do you like it or not,
2) have you used it in an interfacing course,
2) what is the learning curve like for instructors and students,
3) do you know of a textbook on interfacing and data acquisition and
controlwhich is based on LabVIEW? If so, what's your opinion of the
book?

Please respond directly to me. If there is interest by others, I'll be
happy to summarize responses and post them to phys-l.

Thanks,
* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *
* unc greensboro *