Re: what to call little "g"

But, Leigh, here it is the first week of class and you are talking about a
gravitational field vector. I would be a little reluctant even in a
calculus class for majors. But for engineers or pre-medical..... You would
have to pause to talk about fields and also about vectors.

If you have students who did not take physics in high school, I agree
with you. If your students did take physics it is probable that this
is not their first encounter with g. I what way do you plan to make
your course different from the high school course?

Leigh