Re: what to call little "g"

But, Leigh, here it is the first week of class and you are talking about a
gravitational field vector. I would be a little reluctant even in a
calculus class for majors. But for engineers or pre-medical..... You would
have to pause to talk about fields and also about vectors.

If you are reluctant to use "local gravitational constant", John, then call
it "local gravity", but for heaven's sake don't let your editors call it
acceleration!

Jim