Re: E=hv Question

At 09:10 AM 10/15/96 -0700, John Sohl, Associate Professor & Laser Jock wrote:
Note that for polychromatic light, the intensity might no longer be
truly quantized since you can add photons of different frequencies to obtain an
effectively continuous increase in total intensity.

I followed everything that you(John) wrote, up to this point but
here I'm lost. Could you elaborate on how the intensity could be
continuously increased? It seems to me that no matter how small the
increases, it will still be done in steps.

Chris

-- Chris Clayton
(first year physical science teacher)
Mt. Zion Senior High School