Re: C-SAT

This is true, David, and the hump is said to be as much as 20 ft high --
spread out over a few miles.

But why, I wonder, is it a "hump"? If the local gravitational constant
there is greater, why isn't there a "depression"?

And thank you all for the SEASAT hints -- a WebCrawler search gives 36 sites
including a site which has 27 pages of references -- but alas no references
to the ocean tides -- I was hopping to get a real time co-tidal map.
Nevertheless, this will keep me busy for a day or two.

Jim Green
..