Re: Olympics and the Physics of Sports

Villa . Zosimo Oscar P. Jr. wrote:

I am thinking about using the information on the net (data and
descriptions) concerning events during the olympics (time, distance,
hopefully graphs) in my high school physics classes. Can anyone refer me
to a site (newsgroup, site, page) which has gone into the physics of
these events.

I heard that Bailey's win was actually graphed (distance vs. time). Does
anyone know where I might find these things? It seems that the graph
showed him travelling at an instantaneous speed of about 12 m/s (almost 40
kph!)

Any other sports physics sites or articles are most welcome!

+ -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
| ___
| Zosimo Oscar P. Villa Jr. (@-@)
| Physics Teacher _<----->_ |
| Science Department ( ( ) ) |
| Ateneo de Manila High School \ \m m/ / |
| email : ocavilla@pusit.admu.edu.ph ^^^ ^^^ |

I also am interested in data related to the 100.m run. Specifically, I would like to
have distance-time data for several of the runners. Have you had any luck in your
search earlier this year?

Thanks in advance,
Doug Martell
Isle Madame District High