Re: Principia

I assume that the Principia was written in Latin; is there a "standard"
translation to English??? Citation???

TX

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com

I'm currently reading parts of it for an essay on Newton. I feel
embarrassed that I've not delved into it before now.

"Sir Issac Newton's MATHEMATICAL PRINCIPLES of Natural Philosophy
and His System of the World"

Motte's Translation (1729)
Revised by Florian Cajori

Two Volumes

University of California Press 1934 Copyright renewed 1962

ISBN 0-520-00928-2

I have referred to another book

Newton's Principia for the Common reader
Chandrasekhar
1995 OUP

The original "Principia" is an amazing piece of work.

Derek.

Derek Chirnside, Physics Department, Shirley Boys High School.
PO Box 27 025, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand.
chirnsided@mars.shirley.school.nz