I've added extra lines because the opening lines of PHYS-L messages seem
to be cut off again. (I added ten lines of "ten" above this sentence

My question is: Do you employ any 'double' explanations in your physics
teaching? One
of which is algebraic while the other uses modern communications such as
videos and
computer simulations.

Yes, I do frequently in my HS physics classes. I have students "derive"
circular motion equations using interactive physics simulations, then I
derive them algebraically. Also, I use a computer modeling program,
STELLA, that allows my students to model complex systems. Right now,
they are using this program to investigate kinematical relationships (a,
v, x) - I also have derived the standard kinematics relationships for
them algebraically. To be honest, the algebraic explanation is included
solely to let the students see what a standard derivation looks like in
physics. I expect they understand the relationships better from their
computer work.

Dave

David J. Hamilton, Ed.D. "And gladly wolde he lerne,
Franklin HS, Portland, OR and gladly teche."
djhamil@teleport.com Geoffrey Chaucer