Re: HTML Symbols

In <2.2.16.19961001063357.2e8723bc@Storm.Snow.edu> Jim Green <Jim.Green@Snow.edu> writes:
Does anyone know where to get HTML math symbol and greek alphebet gifs???

One thig I could do is print out these symbols in WordPerfect and then scan
them --- but surely someone has done this.

Or maybe there is a HTML code for them -- like &amp; for & and &lt: for <

It's possible, but only when the special font is installed on the
computer, which reads the html-file.
An example:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Untitled</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
Now I'm writing something in greek letters<BR>
<P>
<FONT FACE="GreekMathSymbols">this is completely greek, but in
html-format it looks like the regularely TrueType-Font </FONT><FONT FACE="Arial">and
now the rest in arial-font.<BR>
</FONT>
<P>
<FONT FACE="Math C">Math-Symbols<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

You have to know the standard charakters which stands for the greek
symbols, e.g. a for alpha. You can try it with your keyboard. View the
above html-sequence with a browser and you will see what happens. You
MUST have installed the GreekMatheSymbols-Font, the Math C-Font and the
arial-Font, if you want to see the same, which I've written.

Herbert

--
eMail: voss@ck.be.schule.de
Herbert_Voss@msn.com