Re: Greenhouse

I have the following question: Are not both affects happening
simultaneously and contributing to the warmth inside the greenhouse (or
car)? (It doesn't get to hot inside my car on a cloudy day, or at night, up
here in the upper midwest). So it strikes me that one should be asking
which is the predominate affect?

Of course both effects play a role, but the lesson of the experiment
is that the role played by the nontransmission of infrared by glass
is negligible with respect to the effect of supressing convection.

Leigh