physics profs in math

This was mentioned on the list
________________________
I'd suggest that you and the math department go for a theoretical physicist.

know of at least one who is a fulltime math professor at a university.
Let's
face it, most physicists are very well prepared to teach all levels of math.

If I may be allowed to preach to the choir;

that they sometimes are better than math profs for teaching college math,
because they are often closer to applied math and how it gets used in
situations closer to what many students will actually need.

How's that for patting ourselves on the back :-)

Joel