Re: Planetaria

Contact Gail Schaid at Independence High School, 1776 Educational Park
Drive, San Jose, CA 95133. She is full time planetarium director. We
have a 50 seat Spitz planetarium. We deliver services to 10 other high
schools in our district plus about 25 feeder schools.

We got our planetarium by entering a joint use agreement with a local
community college. We provided the building, the director, and the
maintenance and they provided funding for the instrumentation. They used
it during the evenings (with our director and student operators) and we
had use during the day. After about 5 years they no longer used it in
the evenings and now its all ours.

Budget for director, maintenance, and new equipment is around
$30,000/yr.

Ray Rogoway rogoway@sjm.infi.net