Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:19:48 -0500 (EST)
From: "Van E. Neie" <ven@PHYSICS.PURDUE.EDU>
To: phys-l@atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Subject: Re: Planetaria

Hello,

We are kicking around silly ideas (silly idea season) and have decided we
absolutely MUST HAVE a Planetarium. Having taken the first step (determined
the presence of interest and willpower) we are now onto step 2: who builds
these things?

Does anyone know a contact person for a recently designed and constructed
planetarium, or even better, know someone who has ever designed and
constructed a planetarium? I thought I'd ask the list before hitting the
yellow pages for nearby cities...

Depends on how serious you are. The Children's Museum in Indianapolis has
a state-of-the-art planetarium that uses computer projector rather than the
older lens projection from an "alien"-looking outfit. Could be expensive,
but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Van

Van E. Neie ven@physics.purdue.edu
Purdue University

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini
School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
Swinburne University of Technology
P.O. Box 218,
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (61 3) 9214 8084 fax: (61 3) 9819 0856