RE: Who are we helping...

How well does a hs course whose goal is to duplicate the college course
serve the students? I don't know, but I sure know which one I'd like the
students in my college course to have had! The ones who had the college-
like hs course tend to coast for the first part of the semester, and when
they realize there may be stuff they don't already know, it's too late.
I'd much rather see them come in with enthusiasm, questions, and, most
important, experience with lots of different phenomena!
Martha.

Martha Takats
Physics Department
Ursinus College