Re: What Flows?

Richard Tarara says

One last post on this.

.... and then goes on to say things with which I cannot disagree.
However he seems to be calling for tolerance of the use of
imprecise language in teaching lower level students. I can't see
the need for this at all. How can we do this and also advocate
that those same students take courses in things like critical
thinking? Is there a justification for reinforcing and, thereby,
perpetuating false concepts? Or are we being lazy and "accepting
that which we cannot change". Deep down we know what the answer
is.

Leigh