Re: Dispersion of sound waves??

Nick Guilbert suggested Frank Crawford's article in AJP as a
good source for this explanation. I just looked it up and it
appears that he likes my original explanation (fleshed out,
of course) better than my second explanation, which he also
includes, but says it is "at the level of a junior physics
major". I don't think that makes it any less correct, but I
will have to read the Crawford article at greater length to
extract his meaning. One cannot dismiss the explanation of a
fellow clever enough to have dveloped the corrugahorn!

Leigh