Re: LATEX

Paul Camp says:

I need information on a computer application called LATEX that supports
technical writing. If anyone out there can point me in the right
direction I would appreciate it.

How to get it or how to use it? For the latter, head to your nearest
Unix bookstore and get O'reilly & Associates' Making TeX Work. You
can also order it online from http://www.ora.com. O'Reilly's books
are in my experience the best for unix-type stuff.

Or, if you don't want to delve into the details of TeX, Leslie Lamport's
original manual for LaTeX (which is available as a normal book) is quite
usable and readable. You'd best know what version of the LaTeX program you
have, though; by far the most likely possibilities are LaTeX 2.0.9 and
LaTeX 2e.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu