Re: Grading software for Mac

Bob Muir writes:

I ALWAYS save my newly recorded spreadsheet with a NEW filename so that if
I discover that I made a mistake, I can go back to the earlier, correct
version. I also print a hard copy and save a copy on floppy for
insurance!

I do, too, and that step of printing out the sheet each time you enter
grades is a good one. Excel puts a date on each sheet if you ask it to
(put "&d" in the title bar). The real belt-and-suspenders addition to
this is that you can save *all* your gradesheets, both printed paper
and machine readable, under an intuitive series of filenames. I have
not done this in the past myself, but I just bought a Zip drive and
ten 100 megabyte disks. That may change the way I operate.

Leigh