Re: Grading software for Mac

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Edwin R. Schweber wrote:

Leigh Palmer wrote (in part):

All physics teachers should learn to use spreadsheets anyway, so it
would > be a waste to invest in a separate grading application.

Hi:

I use Excel (for Windows). My only problem is that it's too easy
to accidentally erase a grade. I wrote a macro to lock the cells when
I save the sheet. But I still sometimes have problems when I am
entering grades with the sheet unprotected.

I ALWAYS save my newly recorded spreadsheet with a NEW filename so that if
I discover that I made a mistake, I can go back to the earlier, correct
version. I also print a hard copy and save a copy on floppy for
insurance!

Ed Schweber (email: edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher
Solomon Schechter Day School