Re: Need Doppler Demo

One of my colleagues wants to do a Doppler Effect demo for our annual Physics
FunFest and doesn't like any of the standard demos we do in class--he doesn't
think the effect is pronounced enough to be heard by our audience. Does
anyone out there know of a tried and true demo that works particualrly well?
We would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Van,
I have a nice portable Doppler Effect Demo apparatus. It is a soldstate
tone generator (Radio Shack or any electronic supply sell them - they replace
buzzers.) It is glued to a small board with a nine volt battery attached, and a
hole through the board is connected to a string. When the battery is
connected it generates a pure tone, and swinging around your head generates
a nice Doppler
shift for the students, if your head is at the center you hear very little
change.
I hope this helps.
Gary