The End of Science

John Horgon has written a book titled "The End of Science" --- was
interviewed by David Gergen (sp?) on PBS recently. -- says that all the
science that is discoverable is already discovered -- any further answers
are not "provable" ie testable in a scientific method sense. For example we
could never get to another galaxy to test any theory regarding galaxies.

1) Who is this guy? Gergen is too respectable a fellow to be interviewing
a witless soul.

2) A Tom Coony (?) was mentioned -- just passes -- has ideas about "new
paradigms" etc Who is *he*?

3) Isn't this the same thinking as in physics circles at the turn of the
century? We have learned all there is to know about physics -- oh yes we
haven't explained the thermal emission curve nor perhaps the photoelectric
effect, but other that these trivialities, we know pretty much all there is
to know about physics.

Jim.Green@Snow.edu