Re: Macs with PC cards

Make your choice, but don't get fooled into thinking you can
really have a fully functional PC inside a Mac or that a PC can emulate
a Mac (although nobody seems to want to do this--a telling fact in and
of itself). ;-)

Hey, Rick. Ever hear of a fellow called Bill Gates? Or Windows 95?

Rick is right, however. If you want to use a PC, buy a PC. It is much
cheaper than a Mac and there will be fewer unexpected "features". I am
told that Windows 95 is presently at the level of the Mac ca. 1990,
which is pretty good so far as an intuitive interface goes. A Macintosh
is a luxury. You pay a real price to get a Mac at the 1996 level and
then it is arguably at the 1993 level since only minor changes in the
OS have been made since the introduction of System 7.5. I'm an orthodox
Macintosh type, but I would certainly take a long look at my budget if
I had to buy a lab full of machines and I might opt for Pentiums and a
good air conditioner. Fortunately I can afford the luxury of a Power
Macintosh at home. I've been using computers continuously since 1956
(that one is in the Smithsonian) and I'll treat myself to what I like.

A Mac with a PC card is like a Rolls Royce from Cal Worthington with
after market features chosen by the Pep Boys.

Leigh