Re: Quantum Theory Text Suggestions

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Tom K. McCarthy wrote:

Any suggestions for an introductory text for quantum physics? Is the
book by Eisberg and Resnick, "Quantum Theory of Everything," still the
best seller?

Thanks for you help.

----------
TK McCarthy, PhD Email:mcca6300@spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov

If someone has a solution to this problem, I'd really like to
know. I'm teaching QM this fall, and after much searching settled on
McGervey, though I'm not especially happy. I found all the texts to be
lacking in some way or another. Iwas especially disappointed in
Griffiths new QM book as I expected it to be of the same caliber as his
EM book. I found it way too formal and better suited for grad. level.
I'm putting on reserve Liboff, Saxon, Griffiths, Goswami, and the
original Eisberg. I will tell the students to use all freely.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College