Re: population growth & physics ed

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, David Dockstader wrote:

Mike
I think you have ignored removal of the heat and just assumed it collected
in the atmosphere. The heat produced by are cars is really trivial compared
to solar radiation. I think that the amount of solar energy that falls on
the earth in a single day is roughly equal to the energy stored in all the
fossil fuels of the world.

Of course, silly me. The atmosphere does convect doesn't it.
Compared to solar radiation the number I got was small, but was none the
less impressive; a whole lot of joules being used by the internal
combustion engine. Thanks.

Mike