Re: Course help: names of physicists

At 07:13 PM 7/16/96 EDT, Ari Epstein wrote:

Would readers of phys-l mind sending me additional
suggestions? Subjects could be living or dead, and I'm hoping to
include at least a few people who've done physics outside traditional
academic physics departments (e.g. people working on the physics of
climate, people who've worked primarily in industry, etc.).

It might be useful if you could post a list of those names you already have.
But ...

my "favorites" include: the Oppenheimers (Robert and Frank), Hans Bethe,
George Gamow, Ralph Alpher, Chandrasekhar (sp??), William Fowler, Margaret
Burbidge, etc.

Of course, I'm biased towards astrophysicists ...
Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * "An insanity as enormous, as complex *
P.O. Box 5005 * as the one around me had to be planned. *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * I've found the plan!" *
* *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * -- Robert Heinlein, "They" (1948) *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * *
WWW: www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/gspagna.html