Re: population growth & physics ed

in this case there are so many OTHER benefits (cleaner air, less
radioactivity[C14], less political and economic dependence on foreign
powers, etc.)

Fine, then let's cut fossil fuel use for THESE reasons, not some half baked
warnings based on worthless computer models, et c.

I don't think it's cynical to suspect motives behind dire warnings; look at
the ALAR scare just a few years ago. Newspapers and TV news want to report
these 'fast-breaking' stories so they can get ratings and sell ad space/time.
Never mind whether the news is true or not.

I was in Kansas during the great flood three years ago, and while I felt bad that
people lost their homes, I couldn't help but wonder what possessed these people to build their houses in a river bed.

dave baum