AC polarity

Hi all!
I've got what (I hope) is a fairly simple question. Forgive me, for
physics is only my minor. :-) What does polarity MEAN when talking about
AC devices plugged into a wall outlet? At first I thought maybe it was a
phase thing, but I don't think that would be possible without some kind of
syncronization. Maybe a bias voltage across the two "prongs"?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

-- Chris Clayton
misterc@uiuc.edu http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~misterc
Senior+, Teaching of Chemistry University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign
MSN Chemistry Forum Tutor: ChrisC_Asst@msn.com

Yes...I'm STILL an undergraduate!!! But not for long...HIRE ME! HIRE ME!